Crypto AML/KYC Lead
Highly qualified institutional financial services professional with extensive operations management and organizational leadership experience. Successfully developed solutions to improve business processes and implemented effective office procedures to streamline business operations. Experienced in product management, systems analysis, as well as defining operational needs that impact performance. Proficiency in KYC and AML EDD reviews in accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act(BSA).
Currently working for a crypto exchange and is a strong advocate for the industry.
Well-versed with 10+ years of experience working with reputable financial organizations.
Previously worked for a top investment bank doing KYC/AML and is very comfortable working with institutional investors
Confidential Crypto Exchange September 2021 – Present
KYC onboarding Lead
● Manage a small team performing KYC onboarding for a startup crypto currency exchange.
● Review and modify existing KYC onboarding procedures and implement changes based on best practices
● Provide customer support for new and existing clients.
● Perform CDD reviews for low and medium risk clients.
● Implement and manage a risk rating system and identifying high risk clients and performing EDD reviews.
● Utilize screening tools like LexisNexis to perform checks for Politically Exposed Persons(PEP)’s and negative news
Primary Caregiver November 2018 – July 2021
Primary caregiver for parent suffering cognitive decline.
Confidential Financial Services New York, NY July 2016 - October2018
KYC/AML Specialist (Consultant)
● Case lead overseeing 3 support personnel performing AML EDD remediation and renewals for client's including private corporations, public corporations, correspondent banks and hedge funds. Integral part of group that was leader globally in AML review productivity.
● Verified all aspects of the Client Identification Program (CIP) and necessary account verification documents provided and in accordance with Know Your Customer (KYC), USA Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) standards.
● Confirmed risk rating for all accounts based on jurisdictions, cash intensive/high risk businesses and Politically Exposed Persons(PEPs) or Relatives or Close Associates (RCAs).
● Completed enhanced due diligence investigations using public and private databases such as LexisNexis to assist business units and prevent operational and reputational risks.
Performed checks on all employees, consultants, vendors, contractors and third-party advisers against the World Check Risk Screen, FinCEN list, and OFAC Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN) and Blocked Persons list.