Marketing Director - Web3 and Media
Web3 marketing, product development and strategic partnerships leader with deep experience defining and launching mass market consumer technology products and integrated experiences across hardware, software, services and Web3 communities. Enthusiastic and creative GM that successfully motivates teams to execute with strong vision and contagious positivity. Proven success owning and optimizing business unit P&Ls, leading massively complex projects, managing cross-functional distributed teams, and partnering inside and across organizations to achieve results.
Web3 experience with community development and bringing products to market.
Extensive experience in radio and media.
Lead the partnership and collaboration with a prominent Web3’s Accelerator.
Proven success owning and optimizing business unit P&Ls, leading massively complex projects, managing cross-functional distributed teams, and partnering inside and across organizations to achieve results.
Web3 Company - Head of Web3 Strategy & Community Development
FEBRUARY 2022 - PRESENT
● Defining and driving Web3 strategy, partnerships and execution, a member-first outdoor brand community at the intersection of art, adventure and activism.
● Lead the partnership and collaboration with a prominent Web3’s Accelerator.
● Define user experiences and act as product manager for a suite of dApp products, including Ethereum smart contracts and NFT mints.
● Directly responsible for creating the Discord community, establishing the community contributor model, and architecting the DAO organizational structure and tokenomics for the upcoming social token launch and subsequent contributor airdrops
Confidential - Board Member
SEPTEMBER 2020 - DECEMBER 2021
● Led Series A investment with the premier brand in scripted podcasting.
● Advised CEO on corporate development opportunities, advertising growth strategy, and marketing launch of top charting podcasts
Confidential - Founder
SEPTEMBER 2018 - DECEMBER 2021
● Directly responsible for creating the first-ever content service starting from the original back-of-the-napkin concept and capital raising process all the way through industry-leading market launch and ongoing operations
● Manage a 60+ person internal and external organization responsible for product development and engineering, advertising sales, partnerships, content programming, artist relations, label relations, finance, and accounting
● Fully accountable for the organizations P&L
● Delivered industry first collaborations with iconic artists such as Dolly Parton, Brian Eno, Thom Yorke, D’Angelo, Björk and Ghostface Killah
Confidential - Global Director of Business Development
APRIL 2018 - SEPTEMBER 2019
● Joined the Business Development group to create and lead a new discipline focused on hardware co-creation, building a direct portfolio of more than $60M in annualized revenue and leading to more than 1M new households
● Developed and successfully executed the first-ever co-development project with IKEA, including business casing, product creation, business terms negotiation, and leading the go-to-market execution
● Led collaboration and business terms negotiations with Sonance to develop and launch three branded architectural speaker products that continue to deliver the highest gross margin percentage to the business
Director of Partnerships
FEBRUARY 2016 - APRIL 2018
● Hired and led teams responsible for all go-to-market strategy, deal term negotiation and execution for the most impactful and strategic product partnerships, including major initiatives with Amazon, Apple, Google, Pandora, Spotify and more
● Successfully managed business terms, contract negotiations and go-to-market execution to launch voice control with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, leading to both companies appearing on stage together at the launch event in 2017
● Developed and managed hundreds of executive-level relationships across music services, smart home, voice control and brand partners’ organizations
● Directly responsible for cultivating, business casing, negotiating, and launching products into Apple Retail stores
● Regularly collaborated with senior marketing leaders at partners’ companies to build multi-million-dollar marketing campaigns
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
JANUARY 2013 - FEBRUARY 2016
● Led marketing strategy, product story development and go-to-market programs for Sonos Home Theater, Software and Service Partnership businesses
● Directly responsible for driving global brand and regional marketing teams to deliver focused and effective programs which led Sonos to the #1 value share position in the soundbar market in every Tier 1 global market
● Regularly delivered valuable consumer insights through quantitative and qualitative research studies to shape customer understanding, product roadmap, product stories and positioning
● Earned reputation as the go-to leader for kick-starting and leading massive cross-functional company programs that impact every area of the business